Author Topic: Veteran plaza authors: Which of your works are your favorite?  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Gromet

• Administrator
  • Bondage Master
    • View Profile
    • Gromets Plaza
Re: Veteran plaza authors: Which of your works are your favorite?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 09:48:21 AM »
The only greatest hits around here should be MsBehavin keeping me locked in her dungeon with her using a riding crop to make me do more updates. ;) Thwack...

Offline TeaSer

• Loosely Tied
  • Overweight underheight danish dominant married man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 09:35:01 AM »
he he.
There was a story about a BDSM-writer being taken captive by a reader, dissatisfied with her accuracy. So she was locked into a dungeon, urged to write more fiction based on the mistreatment.
Maybe this plot should indeed be used on you, Gromet :) Of course with the small alteration that you are to release stories, not write them :)

TeaSer
You can say I'm a worthless piece of shit - but remember! Even shit has it's value. If you're a fly.

Offline Shelley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 03:51:49 PM »
Hi Folks

Cannot pick a favorite of mine but the top 2 were

the Subterranean Sally series, mainly because I wrote it in the first person rather than normal her and him.
the Heather in the Highlands series, it was a private memorial to my closest friend.

Hope everyone is feeling good.

Regards

Shelley
xxx
AKA Wingco

Offline AmyAmy

• Loosely Tied
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 11:35:16 AM »
It's been a while now, but Betrayal will always be a favourite of mine.
I was in a particularly angry mood when I wrote it, and in a roundabout way it vents against so many things I hated about the erotic story scene: default objectification of women and glorification of white male privilege, racism and stereotyping, gratuitous scenes of torture, shallow revenge plots, absurdly unrealistic pony training, implausible body modification, and a bunch of other stuff.

Of course, if you take it at face value, Betrayal seems to include all those elements, but I thought I did a passable job of taking each one and undermining it in a way that would make a reader see them a little differently in future.

I thought my writing crossed a quality threshold with Betrayal, but whether that's true or not I've begun to wonder. Readers certainly stayed away from it in droves. It's not exactly fun, or easy reading, but I didn't think it would be quite so alienating. Certainly, if I was recommending something for somebody new to my stories, it wouldn't be my choice. But in terms of clearing the slate so I could move on to lighter themes, it did a lot of the work.

I'm also quite fond of Pale Recluse in that it tied up some loose ends from The Doll Factory in a way I was particularly pleased with, and introduced a conflicted duo of not-quite-humans I would like to write more for one day.

I would have picked Pretenders, but due to a mix-up it hasn't been posted yet. I think it's my sexiest story.

Original Sins got the best comments I've ever had, though they got wiped in the crash. I like it, but it's not my favourite.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:08:02 PM by AmyAmy »

Offline trashisme

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 12:58:45 PM »
I had the most fun writting
Finding the right trash mistress. Series a few years back .
Trashisme